Frequently Asked Questions
Thank you for choosing Urban Art Tattoo for your body art needs. Please read, understand and follow this, in its entirety, to avoid any miscommunications or redundant questions. Should you have any questions, call us at 480-844-7429. Open daily 12-8pm and Sundays 12-5.
* Keep your appointment slip safe as we will need that returned to us the day of your appointment to deduct your deposit from the total due. The deposit serves to reserve all of your booking dates and will be applied to the final tattoo session, if the project requires multiple sessions. While cash is always king, we also accept all major credit cards.
* Our staff will contact you 48 hours prior to your appointment to confirm. If there are scheduling conflicts, let them know at that time. If you need to change the date of your appointment, you must let us know at least 72 hours prior to the session so we can
rearrange our schedules. A new deposit will be required to continue working together if you cancel with less than 72 hours’ notice or No Call/No Show. You can reschedule your appointment up to three times without losing your deposit.
* On the day of your appointment, be sure to have a good night’s sleep. Sleeping helps your body heal, replenish and restore itself.
* Shower prior to your appointment to wash away any surface bacteria you may have collected throughout your day and exfoliate the skin in the area to be tattooed for a smoother tattoo application.
* Eat, at least an hour prior to your appointment as it will serve to stabilize your blood sugar levels. Bring plenty of snacks and a lunch if sitting for a large piece or an all day appointment. Tattoos are much less painful and your artist is able to work more proficiently, when your body is nourished and well fed. We have a refrigerator and a microwave free to use at any time, bag and label your food prior to storage.
* Drink plenty of fluids and remain well hydrated throughout the day. The studio provides complimentary coffee and tea but, bring a water bottle or two, if sitting a whole day or for a large piece.
* Wear loose, comfortable fitting clothing that can be easily removed to expose the body part being tattooed. If getting a tattoo on your arm, a tank top or sleeveless t-shirt will be helpful, if on your leg, wear shorts. Ladies, if getting tattooed in an area that will expose your breasts, please wear a bandeau or nipple covers.
* If you haven’t already, get all artwork and inspiration pictures to your artist by emailing them to the address on your appointment slip. Avoid having last minute changes as this will delay your appointment and it may have to be rescheduled.
* Because the air in Arizona is so DRY, please rub a good quality scent-free lotion onto the entire area that will be tattooed for a WEEK prior to your appointment. This will moisten your skin and make the tattoo application easier, faster and less painful.
* On the day of your appointment, take all medication prescribed by your doctor as you normally would. Consult with your doctor prior to your appointment, if you are on blood thinners and be thorough and honest when filling out your consent form.
* Bring your headphones, ipod or ipad to watch movies or listen to music while getting tattooed. For safety and sanitary purposes, we cannot permit any guests or visitors to be present during the tattoo process. Any visitor other than the tattoo client will be asked to wait in our waiting room area. we are not responsible for your belongings.
* We will need your state issued license or Identification Card when filling out the “Consent To Tattoo” forms. A Visa, Green Card and Passport are also acceptable forms of identification. We can not tattoo you without proper identification and consent forms in order. You will have to fill out a consent form for each new tattoo and continuations- when a new year begins.
* Like a medical facility, we keep the shop temperature low, if you tend to get cold, bring a small blanket or extra sweater. Keep in mind that we are not responsible for your belongings.
* If your pets normally sleep on your bed, wash all of your bedding the night before your appointment. Pet hair and dander will cause infections. Do not let your pet back on your bed until after your tattoo has scabbed over.
* For your protection and the safety of others, please notify us ahead of time if you have any of the following. We will reschedule your appointment at no consequence to your deposit.
- You have felt ill or been exposed to other individuals showing symptoms of illness within the past 14 days.
- You have traveled within the past 14 days.
- You have recently tested positive for COVID-19.
- You have a fever
* Be sure to read, understand and follow aftercare instructions your artist gives you. Your tattoo is ONLY guaranteed if you completely follow the proper aftercare instructions. Just as every artist is dierent, so are their recommended healing instructions.
Tattoo Care Information
How to Get Started...
We'd love to partner with you to create the perfect tattoo.
1. Free Consultation
Email us or come into the shop to discuss your tattoo. Bring your ideas, and we'll guide you on how to make it a tattoo you'll love.
2. Book An Appointment
Once you’ve decided what you want, we will give you a quote so you can book the date for your tattoo and pay your deposit.
3. Get Your Tattoo
When you arrive at the shop, your artist will have your design prepared. Now you settle in and enjoy getting your new tattoo.