We are a distinctive, well-established, shop with decades of experience, and significant connections in the tattoo industry. We are very particular in choosing the artists that we work with as, one bad seed can spoil the bunch!
Now Hiring - Tattoo Artist
The ideal candidate for this position has 2 or more years experience, knows and abides by Blood Bourne Pathogens Standards, has great customer service skills, an engaging and upbeat personality, and he or she must be driven and have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be professional, motivated, dedicated to the craft, clean, drug and drama free.
- Performing all styles of tattooing. You can specialize in one but, know how to do all.
- Have excellent work ethic, have a positive attitude, and operate in a timely manner.
- Have solid, consistant artwork and an extensive portfolio demonstrating top quality (healed) work with clean lines, smooth shading, and vibrant colors.
- Be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to work by appointment as well as do walk-ins.
- Keeping all areas sanitary.
- Cleaning and sanitizing your work area and furniture after every procedure.
- Know how to use the ultrasonic and sterilizers.
- Establishes and maintains effective team relationships with all shop employees.
- Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Knows his/her limits. If you can’t do it, pass it to someone in the shop who can.
- Greets customers immediately, determines their needs, and handles all transactions in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Makes daily marketing posts to shop and personal social media accounts.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Able to work well as a team member and to take and follow directions.
- Have taken and passed a Blood Bourne Pathogens course or be willing to do so, if hired.
Our hours are 12-8 Monday - Saturday and 12-5 on Sunday.
We are closed for all major holidays.
In exchange, we will provide:
- A newly remodeled, modern, clean, safe and professional work environment.
- A receptionist to handle all of your bookings, paperwork, and payments.
- Strategic shop location with high visibility and constant foot traffic.
- An artistic environment to express yourself.
- Excellent commission-based pay.
- All personal protective equipment.
We supply everything, but: machines, needles, ink and paper towels as these are all very personal items and everyone likes something different.
Fill out and submit an application to be called for an interview.
Please download and either, bring to the shop, fax or email your fully completed application to Liz@urbanarttattoo.com
Or fax: 480-361-8705.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.